News Release

News release

Mayoral Candidate accuses current council of breaching democracy
Daniel Dromarsky targeting the 2009 sale of EPCOR as key example, and promises a more accountable leadership if elected

October 12, 2010, Edmonton, Alberta - Edmonton Mayoral candidate Daniel Dromarsky is accusing Edmonton's current city council members of breaching democracy.   Dromarsky's controversial comments come while he campaigns to be the city's next Mayor in the upcoming October 18th Edmonton Election.  Dromarsky points to the spring of 2009 when the Mayor and Councillors voted to sell the EPCOR assets owned by Edmonton citizens without consulting with them.

"If I was a CEO of a major company who sold assets and made a large amount of money for the company without having a shareholder's vote, I would lose my job," Dromarsky says. "The EPCOR assets should never have been sold just to counteract a poorly spent and over spent budget without consulting the public.  It is important to the citizens of Edmonton for their Mayor and Councillors to act responsibly."

Dromarsky compares the quick sale of EPCOR without consultation, to the 2008 attempt by federal opposition parties to secretly form a coalition government.  The account executive played a key role in the "Rally for Canada" held at the Alberta Legislature in 2008.  The rally drew several hundred people together to speak out about what they called the breach of democracy behind that secret coalition attempt, and the tremendous cost that would have been endured by Canadian taxpayers if another federal election would have occurred as a result.

Dromarsky vows to change public consultation processes in Edmonton if elected to ensure that citizens have a complete and valued say in any major decision involving a large amount of taxpayers' dollars.  Dromarsky makes it clear that he fully understands the difference between a direct and representative democracy, and insists that it is time for change.

“How can a government claim to represent when it doesn't ever consult the people after the election and ask them what they think? This is a huge disservice to Edmontonians, especially when our city owned assets are at stake. It is why I am always asking the question: "What do you think Edmonton?" and why I will continue to ask it even after the election should I succeed in my campaign to be Edmonton’s next Mayor.”

To read more about the Edmonton-born and raised husband and father and his election platform, visit Daniel Dromarsky's website at http://danformayor2010.jimdo.com/  and his Facebook Page at http://bit.ly/d0JCvi. A you tube video filmed about this topic can also be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4iHNTy5mdY

-(30)-

Write a comment

Comments: 13
  • #1

Sikola (Wednesday, 19 October 2011 01:14)

Fine post bro

• #2

Laco (Saturday, 22 October 2011 22:08)

Hm, I’m just comfortable with this but still not entirely convinced, hence i’m going to research a touch more.

• #3

El (Sunday, 23 October 2011)

I have recently been following on from the web site to get a month or two possibly even and have grabbed a ton of info and adored the technique youve set up your internet site. We are wanting to operate my personal extremely individual blog site however. I do believe it's also basic and I should give attention to a lot of scaled-down matters. Getting all things to all or any people is not everything it's cracked approximately always be.

• #4

Pista (Sunday, 23 October 2011 17:01)

{-String.Spintax-|-{I think|I believe|I do believe|I do think} {other|additional|some other|various other} {web site|site|internet site|web page} {owners|proprietors|entrepreneurs|masters} {should|ought to|need to|must} {take|consider|get|acquire} {this web site|this website|this site} {as an|being an|as a possible|just as one} {model|design|product|style}

• #5

Hrabe (Tuesday, 25 October 2011 00:47)

Several of these replies on this post are garbage, You should delete them.

• #6

Jirina (Friday, 28 October 2011 04:21)

• #7

Walterino (Monday, 07 November 2011 17:36)

Howdy are choosing WordPress on your internet site system? Iam a new comer to the blog globe nevertheless. Iam hoping to get began and set up my own. Also i learned about Drupal is ok. Sees my personal choice.... Useful post, cheers.

• #8

Sebastien (Friday, 25 November 2011 10:20)

{-String.Split-|-Automated Building links from Twitter to your WordPress web FREE Automated WordPress to twitter plugin

• #9

Artyom (Wednesday, 04 April 2012 16:24)

Nice post bro

• #10

Obd2 Mileage correction Tool (Sunday, 23 September 2012 22:28)

In order to simplify your diagnostic, obd2tool.fr is committed to provide you the professional car diagnostic tools and automotive obd2 scanners.csh Thinks

• #11

nerereder (Saturday, 08 December 2012 12:49)

I truly wanted to compose a small word so as to thank you for all the pleasant tips and tricks you are giving here. My time-consuming internet look up has at the end been compensated with sensible content to share with my neighbours. I would admit that we website visitors are undoubtedly blessed to dwell in a decent website with very many brilliant individuals with interesting advice. I feel pretty fortunate to have encountered your entire webpage and look forward to really more amazing minutes reading here. Thanks again for a lot of things.I have to express my appreciation to this writer for bailing me out of this type of setting. Because of checking through the the web and seeing tricks that were not helpful, I figured my life was done. Living minus the solutions to the issues you've fixed by way of this review is a critical case, as well as the ones that would have adversely affected my career if I hadn't noticed your web blog. Your main know-how and kindness in touching all the things was useful. I'm not sure what I would have done if I hadn't discovered such a stuff like this. I am able to now look forward to my future. Thank you so much for this specialized and amazing help. I won't think twice to propose your web blog to any person who desires counselling about this subject.

• #12

Autel MaxiDAS DS708 (Wednesday, 30 October 2013 21:54)

Autel Maxiscan MS309 OBD2 Can Eng/Fr/Sp/Dutch/G Scanner.feng

• #13

Volvo Dice Vida (Monday, 06 January 2014 21:32)

Short USB Cable for Lexia-3 PP2000 Diagnostic tool for pegueot and Citroen.feng

Follow danformayor2010 on Twitter

WE NEED 75,000 NEW VOTERS TO THIS ELECTION!

Last Election just over 150,000 people voted and that was only 27% voter turnout. Our current mayor won with 95,000 of those votes. If we want to see change we need to hear from more people on Oct 18th!

Do you want a change? Do you want your voice to be heard? What does our wonderful City need?

I believe it need a new voice for the people. A fresh face with new ideas.

MAKE 2010 THE YEAR A YEAR OF CHANGE!

PARTNER WITH ME TODAY.

• I want to keep our communities clean and safe for everyone of all ages.
  • Be a spokesperson for all of Edmonton. To promote our City with a clear vision for many years to come.
  • Always listening to what Edmontonians want during full term as Mayor

To read my platform "like" my Facebook page and read notes.

Or click on Platform tab above.

Thu

Mar

2011

Thanks!

I would like to thank everyone who supported me during the election.

It was a wonderful experience and I am thankful.

May this be but a stepping stone to a wonderful future serving the people of Edmonton.

5 Comments

Mon

Oct

2010

Today is the day to VOTE!

Well Edmonton today is the day that you get to hire or fire. It is a day that you get to have your voice heard. Vote!

3 Comments